Massive hunt in China after six-year-old’s eyes gouged out in vicious attack

National Post | News

FO0829_China_manhunt_C_AB

Police in northern China launched a massive search Wednesday for a woman accused of gouging out the eyes of a six-year-old boy.

Authorities in the city of Linfen in Shanxi province offered a 100,000 yuan ($17,000) reward for the woman’s capture.

Police did not say if they had identified a suspect, and the boy said only that the woman spoke with an accent from outside the area. State media said the boy was recovering in a hospital, but had lost his sight permanently following the brutal ordeal Saturday.

A police officer who only gave his surname, Liu, said he couldn’t speculate on a motive because the investigation was continuing.

“We are sparing no efforts trying to solve this case,” he added.

Liu said the boy’s eyeballs were found at the scene, and that the corneas hadn’t been removed.

State media previously had raised the possibility that the boy’s corneas were…

View original post 100 more words

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s