[worldnow id=9393399 width=385 height=288 type=video]
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Covered California leaders are saying they’ve seen lots of activity on the health exchange’s site since it launched a week ago.
New numbers out on Tuesday show there have been nearly 1 million visitors to its website, nearly 60,000 phone calls, and more than 16,000 applications processed.
Director Peter Lee said the application process over the phone and online is now easier and faster since the program was launched on Oct. 1.
“We designed Covered California to run at about 80 mph Day 1, we were probably running at about 30, 40 mph,” Lee said. “Today we are running at about 55 mph.”
People have complained that wait times over the phone were way too long.
“I had been waiting a week for them to make the adjustments to the website,” said Paul Torrigino.
But Lee says they’ve cut the wait time…
View original post 179 more words